Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Time Out

Well I think my on-line Bible study idea has not found it's right place or time yet. I've made a couple attempts to get a group to regularly read the Bible and journal their thoughts on the Internet, but both the attempts found a decline in interest. It's not only tough to regularly read the Bible, but to journal thoughts for the world to see in addition is proving to be more than my encouragement can fuel. I'm beginning to realize that a lot of people are not comfortable with this form of interaction, and I don't want to be responsible for adding discomfort to reading the Bible (that's the church's job...just kidding). So I'll call a "time out" for now on my Blog Bible study, but I'll keep my feelers out for an opportunity in the future. I still believe it can have it's benefits in the right time and/or place.

So I'll go back to posting random thoughts and things of my interest, and hopefully entertain a few readers along the way. It's interesting to see the "traffic" that logs onto my blog. My post about Oprah and "The Shack" has linked people from all over the country and the world to my site. Apparently if you "Google" that topic, my blog will show up. I'm almost famous...except their visits only average about 2 seconds or so. I keep waiting for Oprah to comment.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm working on making my life not "about me".