Saturday, April 12, 2008

A success story

A month ago I started the story of my brother-in-law's (Dave) training for the Cooper River Bridge run. Well Dave has finished the race. He didn't place in the top 10, but mainly because of the participants who traveled from Kenya and Ethiopia...all the top 10 runners were from these countries and finished the race in under 30 min. That's less than 5 min per mile! I couldn't run to my mailbox at that pace, yet alone 6 miles straight. I do have to admit that Dave did much better than I had expected. I kinda expected him to cross the finish line in an ambulance. But he finished the race in full stride and, according to his wife, he had a big grin on his face. That's a success story to me! So although he didn't shock the town of Charleston with a top ten finish, he did shock his family with his rightfully owned 19,859th place finish. Trust me, that's much better than it sounds. Congratulations Dave!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of Dave for running the race and I'm proud of you for writing about it. You cheer alot of people up with your writing.

Anonymous said...

We're all proud of Dave, not only for trying but for finishing. Angela, maybe you'll be next......

About Me

My photo
I'm working on making my life not "about me".