Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Quick Post

Wow, I've been Blogging for a year now! I just realized that this is the first month that I haven't posted something on my blog since I started back in 2008. Since it's March 31 already, I guess I better write something....In about three hours I'll be joining in with a large group of bike riders out at Donaldson Center and ride about 30 miles. I keep wanting to join in the group that I'm certain is much faster than I am, but I always chicken out at the last minute. I've been riding in the group that averages 18-19 mph, and I want to see if I can hold my own with the 20+++ mph group. Maybe next week I'll give it a go, I just want to be sure I have my nitroglycerin tablets handy.

This is also my week to teach Sunday School again, so I'm spending a lot of time in Bible study trying to put a lesson together. I'm teaching on Luke 23. The crucifixion and death of Jesus. I'm off on a tangent right now trying to get my mind around all that took place during Jesus' death. Where He was and what was taking place during those three days. The Apostle's Creed, which I grew up saying every week, states that Jesus "descended into Hell", and I'm trying to find the truth in this statement. I'm learning this is a tough topic to understand, Death. The Bible teaches about many types of death (the physical, the spiritual, the first, the second , and so on). I found my self saying "why can't it just be easy to figure out?" But then again, it's the depth of the scriptures that makes studying the Bible necessary and rewarding. Because if it was easy, it wouldn't require a life time of devotion. So I continue ahead....because I hunger and thirst!

1 comment:

david l. said...

c'mon. time to blog about the wreck.

About Me

My photo
I'm working on making my life not "about me".