Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Rules of Men

I was worried I might have broken a "Man rule" by posting a poem on my last entry. So I looked up the "man rules" just to see if I had stepped outside of any of these pre-established bounderies. I apparently have not, but just to prove I did my research, let me post some rules that are on the list.

Rule 1: Under no circumstances may two men share an umbrella.

Rule 5: If you've known a guy for more than 24 hours, his sister is off limits forever, unless you actually marry her.

Rule 7: No man shall ever be required to buy a birthday present for another man. In fact, even remembering your buddy's birthday is strictly optional.

Rule 13: Unless you're in prison, never fight partially clothed or naked.

Rule 15: If a man's fly is down, that's his problem, you didn't see anything.

Rule 28: There is no reason for guys to watch Men's Figure Skating or Men's Gymnastics. Ever.

The ladies may never know the awesome responsiblity that comes with being a man and keeping up with this list of "man laws". And it's a responsibility I don't take lightly. So men, feel free to read on with the security of knowing that all these posts have been run through the filter of the "rules of men."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing to know that you are not going to have to turn in your "man card"!

Free Spirit said...

I laugh!

About Me

My photo
I'm working on making my life not "about me".