Friday, May 9, 2008

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there. I have three people who play a role as a mother in my life, and I wish to honor all three in this one post. I recently heard the story of David Lloyd George. He was the British Prime minister from 1916-1922 and in his life he had many great accomplishments. The reason his story is relevant today is because of his mother's love for him. When David Lloyd George was a baby, his mother, while carrying him in her arms, got caught in a bad snow blizzard. The journey, combined with the weather, proved to be too much for this young mother to handle. The rescuers eventually found the lifeless mother's undressed body lying over her baby, who was wrapped in her cloths for protection. She assumably could have left her baby to save herself, but she chose to sacrifice her life for her baby's. I can't help but wonder what her last thoughts and last words were to her child as she slipped into unconsciousness... I would guess she was saying and thinking "I Love You!" That's what being a mother is all about, and I'm proud to have Mothers that love like this in my life. That's how we know what love is, that one would lay down their life for another (1 John 3:16 /John 15:13). So thanks should be to God for the gift of mothers...In His infinite wisdom He introduces us into this world in the arms of not only the one that will protect, provide, nurture, educate, and love us, but the one who will give her life for our well being. In fact, "her life" is often given daily. Thanks Revonda, Angela, and Mom! I love you all very much!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Thank you for that. How special! Couldn't help but tear up over that one.

Love you too.....Revonda

Unknown said...

THANK YOU, GREG! THAT WAS SO SPECIAL AND BEAUTIFUL! HOW THANKFUL AND BLESSED I AM TO BE CALLED MOM!! I LOVE YOU, GREG

MOM

Carlos said...

Alo Greg, a foto no seu profile me despertou!!! Corcovado no Rio de Janeiro.....

Just checking if you can interpret tonges. Curious as to what made you choosee the picture...

Cheers,

Carlos

greg said...

Welcome Carlos,
Even with the aid of internet translation sites, I can not interpet tongues too well. But I would guess you're from Brazil. Hopefully you can help me with the interpretation..I'm assuming it's Portuguese?
The reason I chose the statue "Christ the Redeemer" for my picture is because my Blog is a modest attempt to proclaim the love of Christ. And I feel like this statue, being the World's Highest Statue, is a good example of what can be accomplished when Christ is the modivation behind the work.
Thanks for checking in and your interest in the picture. Hopefully you can write back and let me know your connection to this statue.

Carlos said...

Hi Greg,

Thanks for responding to my post. Yes, I was born and raised in Brazil, so I'm sort of attuned to everything Brazilian; I have been living in the "Land of Milk and Honey" :-) since I was 15 and my job takes me back to Brazil at least 2-3 time a year so I'm continuing to be up to date with the culture/leanguage/issues, etc. - my grown kids (3 married sons and a daughter) keep asking me when I will take them for a visit but it is terribly expensive just to buy the airline tickets...

Anyway, I've enjoyed your posts in the different blogs; been following Tia's but it has gotten tedious and cumbersome so I'm sort of halfway disengaged.

Anyway, have a wonderful day...

About Me

My photo
I'm working on making my life not "about me".