Monday, March 3, 2008

Did Adam have to do push-ups?

As one of the many "victims" of the fast food industry, I have been diagnosed with high cholesterol and high blood pressure. Since I found out (after years of testing it) the complacent way of attacking this problem is ineffective, my choice was either to take a drug or exercise and eat right. I'm presently pursuing the latter. For about six months now I've been pretty consistantly living heathier. As I was driving home tonight I thought about Paul writting to Timothy about the benifits of physical training (1 Tim. 4: 8). He says it is of "some value" but alludes to the fact that it pales compared to spiritual training.
Rather than try to expound on this "spiritual training" Paul is referring to, I'll steer this topic in a weirder direction. Did Adam and Eve need to exercise? The "fall of man" as recorded in Genesis brought about this curse that the human race knows all too well. Whether or not you believe the account recorded in Genesis, you can not debate the fact that the human race leaves a little to be desired! So my argument would be that exercise is a result of Adam's sin and it is another part of the curse.
So if you didn't already hate SIN enough, you now can blame it for the fact that we can not enjoy (at least guilt free) a Big Mac supersized meal with a double apple pie chaser. And if you find yourself needing to exercise this Spring for health and/or vanity reasons, you can use your time during the warm-up and cool-down periods imagining a life where the benifits of physical (and Spiritual) exercise are fully administered at birth.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm working on making my life not "about me".