Sunday, March 2, 2008

The opening post

I've been reading friends' blogs for a few years now and I finally got hooked enough on the concept to start my own blog. I certainly don't feel I have anything that "needs" to be shared with the internet world, but I'm sure I'll develope some loyal readers (wife, kids, and Mom should be checking in from time to time). I think this blog is just a result of me searching for some form of entertainment other than TV or internet surfing. So with that said allow me to impress my wife and kids by posting some of their info on the World Wide Web:
My wife Angela is the love of my life! I truly feel like I knew her years before we ever meet. This is because she fit my preconceived thoughts and dreams of my perfect wife. She was a Proverbs 31 wife even before she or I knew of that description. I owe her more love and happiness than I have time to repay. I'll end up leaving this world in debt to her.
My oldest (and only) son Jacob, unlike my wife, has not fit into my preconceived thoughts and dreams of a son. He has far surpassed them. Jacob is more intelligent, handsome, athletic, kind, and humorous than any of my expectations. I already feel he has excelled ahead of me with his God given strengths and talents. It is an honor to be given the responsibility to raise this young man, and I look forward to being able to share in his successes.
Now about my daughter Carley. Everyone knows how a daughter can melt the heart of a dad. This has proved to be an understatement. My love for her and my desire to protect her is actually painful. I feel the type of heartaches that should only come with trajedies, but mine come with the knowledge that I will have to send her off into her own adult life someday. A life she must live in a very fallen world. I need to keep reminding myself she is God's child and not just mine. Fortunatelly for me she is smart, tough, and funny. This together with her natural beauty and God given faith gives her a real good fighting chance to shine in a tough world. But as any father knows, I'll always be here for her to the best of my abilities.
I've always wondered about the benifits of having a blog and I think this first post helps me to better understand. It is easier for me to post my thoughts than it is for me to express my thoughts (verbally). And with the world's access to this information, I can get the feeling (although it's false) of being world renowned! Look out Brad and Angelina...here comes Greg and Angela!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What wonderful things you have said! So proud of my brother!!!!

Anonymous said...

rock on dude you have the best blog on the internet I mean there is a new blog called thethoughts of a young thinker I mean how stupid can you get?

Anonymous said...

I don't think the commenter above has any idea of what he is thinking I mean the host is only 11 i have read the blog but did'nt remember to leave a comment

About Me

My photo
I'm working on making my life not "about me".